Full Job Description
Who We Are
ASCEND Cardiovascular is the leader in cardiovascular structured reporting and workflow solutions solving today’s – and anticipating tomorrow’s – cardiovascular data accessibility and usability challenges. ASCEND’s goal is to assist healthcare organizations and vendors to unlock the latent potential in archived cardiovascular data.
With over two decades of experience in Cardiovascular IT and a practicing cardiologist at our helm, ASCEND provides an unparalleled level of clinical "know how" in cardiology and IT. Our clinical reporting, device interfaces, and analytics are currently in daily use in many of the top institutions and hospital systems in North America and across the world.
ASCEND is a small company and growing fast! We are committed to an environment where employees feel engaged and appreciated. We were a fully remote company before remote companies were in style, so believe us when we say – we know how to feel connected remotely! Our size and culture allow us to be agile and react to our clients’ needs with speed and accuracy. At ASCEND, we value our employees’ unique input in our highly collaborative, innovative environment.
For more information, please visit our website.
We’re looking for an experienced Clinical Applications Specialist. In this role, you’ll support our hospital clients by providing product and workflow reviews, onsite and remote applications training, and tailoring our product to meet your client’s workflow needs and industry standard best practices.
What You’ll Do
- Own the relationship with our clinical clients.
- Provide applications level training (remotely and onsite) for our end users.
- Review and analyze clinical workflows, including systems and processes.
- Conduct multiple clinical content configuration sessions with clients
- Using a technical software tool, configure the client’s system.
- Assist with clinical testing of solution for internal and external projects.
- Serve as key onsite clinical resource during the client's go-live.
- Provide clinical support for sales.
- Provide second level support as a clinical expert for the Help Desk.
- Participate in the creation of training materials, educational materials, best practice policies and product manuals.
- Gather and provide feedback from clients and partner staff to ensure product development meets market and customer requirements.
- Perform informatics and engineering product validation as assigned.
Who You Are
You have at least 5 years’ experience working as a registered vascular sonographer and echocardiography sonographer in a hospital setting. You have RDCS and RVT credentials and are experienced in writing preliminary cardiology reports. You are used to having routine physician interaction and are familiar with the workflows and operations of cardiology departments within the hospital. You have a good understanding of how EMR platforms work and have good general IT knowledge, including Microsoft Office products. You are energized by learning new things and enjoy using technology to serve your clients. You have experience training and presenting. You are organized, attentive to detail, and able to multi-task when necessary. You can travel to client sites to participate in training classes and to provide over-the-shoulder support. You love being part of a team and are energized by the opportunity to help clinicians help patients and make an impact on the health and well-being of others.
- Knowledge of nuclear cardiology procedures and workflows
- Knowledge of cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology procedures and workflows
Work primarily from home (equipment and software supplied by the company) with daily teleconferences and Web-based meetings. Up to 50% travel to client sites in the United States when needed.
We offer competitive salaries and a robust benefit package which includes:
- Company paid short- and long-term disability, ADD, and employee life insurance
- Generous company contribution to a variety of health, dental, and vision plans
- Access to a variety of voluntary benefits including supplemental insurance, legal and identity theft policies, pet insurance, employee discounts and more!
- Generous Paid Time Off package
ASCEND is fully committed to equal opportunities. We aim to create a working environment free from discrimination. This means all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, ethnicity, race, veteran status, religion, or belief.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- What departments have you worked in?
- Do you have past experience working with IAC?
- What EMR platforms are you familiar with?
- What is your desired salary range?
- Clinical: 3 years (Required)
- RDCS or Registered Vascular Technologist license (Required)
Work Location: Remote