Full Job Description
Who We Are
ASCEND Cardiovascular is the leader in cardiovascular structured reporting and workflow solutions solving today’s – and anticipating tomorrow’s – cardiovascular data accessibility and usability challenges. ASCEND’s goal is to assist healthcare organizations and vendors to unlock the latent potential in archived cardiovascular data.
With over two decades of experience in Cardiovascular IT and a practicing cardiologist at our helm, ASCEND provides an unparalleled level of clinical "know how" in cardiology and IT. Our clinical reporting, device interfaces, and analytics are currently in daily use in many of the top institutions and hospital systems in North America and across the world.
ASCEND is a small company and growing fast! We are committed to an environment where employees feel engaged and appreciated. We were a fully remote company before remote companies were in style, so believe us when we say – we know how to feel connected remotely! Our size and culture allow us to be agile and react to our clients’ needs with speed and accuracy. At ASCEND, we value our employees’ unique input in our highly collaborative, innovative environment. For more information, please visit our website.
We are looking for a front-end developer who is proficient with React.js to collaborate with our cohesive team on a growing real-time communication and collaboration ecosystem designed for the healthcare market. You will be using cutting-edge technologies as we build out this advanced and unique solution built on Ruby on Rails / React + Redux.
Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is imperative.
You will communicate daily with the Product Owner, Development, Design and QA Team on work items assigned to you and report their status. You will be a team-player on a tightly knitted team. Reports to the Product Owner and Lead Developer.
What You’ll Do
· Work closely with Product Owner, Development, QA, and Design teams to create and enhance user-facing features using React + Redux
· Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
· Translate designs into high quality code
· Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
· In support of the activities above
- Build and implement features, enhancements, and fixes based on designs and requirements.
- As needed, work with stakeholders to understand their requirements and improve our products.
- Work with the design and QA team to refine and implement dependable, efficient, and testable designs.
- Work with the design team to buildout, maintain and use unified component library.
- Test and optimize product performance.
- Provide product training and support.
· Participate in all phases of the Agile development process, including preparation of technical specifications, assist with the creation of design mockups and prototypes as needed, documentation creation, and active participation in design, code, and test reviews.
· Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
· Min 4 years of solid FE development or
· 3 years of solid FE development with 1 or 2 good internships
Your Technical Skills
· Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
· Experience with React.js workflows (Redux)
· Experience with testing with Jest
· Experience with Git version control integrated with GitHub
· Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
· Experience with consuming RESTful APIs
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as NPM, ESLint, Bit, Redux, Jest, etc.
· Experience using Vonage SDK’s: JS
· Familiarity with TypeScript
· Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
· Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Ability to understand complex dataflows and translate them into readable and efficient code
Your Soft Skills
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
· Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
· A knack for benchmarking and optimization
· An initiative-taking mindset
· Communicative and fluent in English (speak, read, and write)
· SnapCraft package management
· Programming in Crystal
· Web portfolio demonstrating development experience
· Familiarity with AWS environments
· Experience with healthcare applications
· Familiarity with AWS environments
Work primarily from home (equipment and software supplied by the company) with daily teleconferences and Web-based meetings, along with occasional meetings in the Chicago area.
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, generous benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), company-paid LTD, STD, life and ADD, and paid time off.
ASCEND is fully committed to equal opportunities. We aim to create a working environment free from discrimination. This means all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, ethnicity, race, veteran status, religion, or belief.
Job Type: Full-time
- · 401(k)
- · Dental insurance
- · Flexible schedule
- · Flexible spending account
- · Health insurance
- · Life insurance, ADD, STD, LTD
- · Paid time off
- · Vision insurance
· 8-hour shift
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you worked with web-based hybrid mobile and desktop applications?
- Do you have experience in development in the medical industry?
- What date would you be able to start?
- Do you have a dedicated workspace that’s suited for working from home?
- What is your desired salary range?
- professional web app development: 1 year (Preferred)
- React.js: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote